The Days of My Life

I only write when I feel like, sorry for all who check all the time.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Weekend update

Even though I only get paid like 7 something an hour at Panera and scheduling can sometimes be a bitch, at least they give quarterly raises and a company picnic. I figured it out that I probably get at least 10% raise every year from there. And we get 'you guys are doing a great job, you are what makes this place run, we appreciate you.' And free food. Here, we get nothing. No team meetings, no free food, no 'hey great job', no raises every year. Keep the employees happy and productivity will increase! They don't understand that concept. But if you mess up, well hey, they will pounce on you in a second.

We had a nice day on Saturday. Ran errands, took the table and chairs out, grilled, drank, went to the Tigers game. It was actually a good game and it is cool to go to them. We walked back to the Ren Cen from the game. The hoedown was going on so there were a lot of people around. Then we went to Beckie's cousins for her birthday. It was good to see everyone and Ryan was there, yay! I don't get to see him much. I ate lots of cheetos and salsa. Sunday I cleaned and we watched 9 to 5, ok I've never seen that movie and I guess that is wierd but I never got to watch tv when I was little and that movie came out in 1980. Then we watched Twins and I had to go to work. I was suppose to be there at 3 but I thought it was 4. So at 3:30 they called and was like oh um you were suppose to be here and you aren't on crispanis you are on line now. So I went and 1 guy called in and then the other girl with me had bronchitis and was coughing every 5 seconds so they sent her home. So I had to close by myself, luckily the Pistons were on and it wasn't busy and we had a bread bash and so people helped me close. The bread bash was like normal. I got my little 'review' which we are suppose to have every quarter and I have never had one and I've worked there for almost 2 years! I was just a meets expectations for everything and the comment was that I should be more helpful and show more team work since I was a trainer. I had to blow it off because at the end of the night I ALWAYS help people close, cafe, bakery, I usually do both! So that kind of pissed me off. The person that did it only works with me maybe once a month so I don't think it was really a fair assessment of my helpfulness! Whatever.

I might have to call in tomorrow because I have no money for gas until later tomorrow afternoon. How sad is that?!!! It sure doesn't give me a good feeling. Staples got robbed, that is right across from us in the parking lot of Panera. They caught the guys but still. They came in at 8:58, 2 minutes before they closed. 'Desperate people will do desperate things. Especially in times of economic hardship. And that is where we are today.' That is what our general manager said. It would be easy to rob a place. She told us if someone has a gun well just give them whatever they want because we can't 'beat' a gun. Hopefully that will not happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home