The Days of My Life

I only write when I feel like, sorry for all who check all the time.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

The experience

I just got lost for 30 minutes looking at pictures of Jamie's wedding. Thinking about that day, the day. I go over it in my head and try to think how things could have been different. I guess that was what was suppose to be. Sometimes I'm ok, sometimes I'm not.

I am dragging ass this morning because I got wasted at my parents house last night. I was tired so I thought drinking 4 Bacardi and vernors and 2 captain and diets were a good idea? We had a great dinner, steak, green beans, salad, fried rice and fish for all the fish lovers, I had a drink. Stace, Ryan, Zac, me, Anna, Jackie and my parents. We laughed about salami, I had another drink, we talked about camping, I had another drink, we talked about our friend Mac who is dying of liver failure, I had another drink. Then we decided to go and meet Luke because it was Todd's 21st birthday. If we hadn't gone he would have only had like 3 shots, as if! Anna bought him like 4 or 5, Jackie bought him one, I bought him one. He was on his way. Anna got him a green, yellow, red.( a stoplight) The green was an oatmeal cookie, yellow was tequila and red was pucker and vodka. mmmm. I had another drink. I got him a lemon drop, Jackie got him a 3 wisemen, Anna got him a Sicilian Kiss, and I had one more drink. Blah. I passed out on the way home. I can't believe I got up this morning at 6. And I made it to work on time. I am the ONLY one here from my team. 2 people are wfh, 1 is at a funeral, 1 is on leave and 3 are on vacation. I'll probably leave early since I'm technically suppose to be to panera at 3 today.

Since no one has wrote about camping I'll fill it in. We left at 9am on Saturday morning. The border took a while and exchanging money took a while. We stopped at the duty free and it was 2 for $20! I was so stupid in not getting 2 bottles of captains because I got 1.14 liters for $10 and on the way back it was only 1 liter for $13.75. Rip off! We were packed to the gills in our car. No more room. We decided to go to town to go to the beer store before we went to the campground. Only to find out it was Canada day and the beer store was closed. Whatever! We get to the campsite and no one is there so we walk down to the beach but no one was there either. So we decide to set up our tent that Jessica's mom so graciously let us use. 8 person tent. We fold it all out, alright, where are the poles? Jessica had a look of innocence like aren't they with the tent? That was all that my mom gave me. So, no poles, well crap. Jessica starts freaking out, which makes me calmer, wierd. I just had that whatever kind of attitude like I'll sleep in the car. She calls her mom and drops the f-bomb a couple of times. Then Anna, Beckii, Sandra and Luke get back. They tell us not to freak out that we can fit in somewhere. We call Darcy and she hasn't left yet so she is going to buy us a tent at Target. They went swimming, I tried to take a nap but it was too hot. I tried the tent, the chair and the car. No. So I decide to go swimming. Everyone was headed back but Luke went back with me. Jacque, Tommie and his brother got there and we started making dinner. Potato packets, yum! Then hamburgers, hot dogs, brats and chicken. The drinking began. I think I ate too much because I didn't really get that drunk. Finally Darcy got there like 20 minutes before dark. We had to rush to set up the tent. But yay we had one. We went back to the fire. I was in the I want to go to bed mood but I stayed up a while.

I didn't realize how drunk Darcy was until I saw that she drank a liter of wine. Ryan and Jessica had gone off somewhere and I was like 'where are Ryan and Jessica?' She goes "I don't know. Why couldn't they come camping?" I'm like 'Um they did come camping.' She's like 'ohhhhh'. It was funny. Ryan drank a lot of his vodka. Anna didn't get off her Cleopatra chair and Ryan whispered to me 'when did Anna become a parapalegic?' It was the funniest thing I heard all night. Ryan and Jessica wandered off again and me and Jackie went to bed at 12:30. They got back at 2:30, they had gone swimming. Jessica went naked. She had fun. Ryan got lost because his flashlight broke and it was pitch black. He ran in to a clothesline and someone else's tent before stumbling upon the Death Star (Luke's car). He kind of just stood there and Jessica found him. We all kind of slept in that day. We made breakfast burritos which are kind of disgusting when you look at them. We went swimming but we still had to go to the beer store. So me, Jessica and Ryan went in to town and got some and then we got 4 bags of firewood. We got back and I was so tired. I took a 2 hour nap. Then my throat hurt. Ryan sat in his chair for 4 hours straight and people kept asking if he was ok. I got back and Sandra, Beckii, Jacque, Tommie and Jimmie were wasted playing UNO. The others were playing 'who would you kick out of bed.' They asked me 'Usher or Taye Diggs' and I said Taye Diggs but I didn't know you could have both, so then I changed my answer. We made pizza pockets, or 'Hobo's' as Jessica oh so loves that word. The other group went swimming in the dark. Anna said that since everyone else took a 2 nap that she was taking one too. I was the only one that did that. It was 10pm, I was like that isn't a nap, that is bedtime. She swore she would get up again. She was drunk. She did not get up again.

We all got pretty drunk that night. Some more than others. Ryan got lost again and fell over a tree and decided that he would just die there. Jessica was his saviour again. Jackie puked all over our campsite. MMM doritoes....Then she puked in the tent because Jessica turned off the flashlight. It was already 3:30 in the morning. I was thinking god, I have to drive home tomorrow. I woke up at 8:30 and had a bad headache. I got up. I was the first one up. Sat around and finally about 11 decided we needed to pack it up. Jackie wasn't moving. She couldn't. We shoved everything in, sweating our asses off. And left at about 12:30. I can't say we were sorry to say goodbye to the camping experience, we were dirty, hot and hungover. Overall it was fun I think. Jessica said she isn't going camping for another 15 years. I got home and showered and I had to work, it was awful. I am not sleeping that good so I'm tired all the time. Well, gotta go do some work, even though no one is here...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jessica B. said…

    That was a good summary of the camping trip.

    La isla bonita...Putter!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home