The Days of My Life

I only write when I feel like, sorry for all who check all the time.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Chicken town

Well the trip with my sisters and mom was fun. Friday I got up at 9 and walked Duke. Then I left at about 10:30. Danielle and my mom had been up and started shopping at Birch Run at 10am, by the time I got there at noon they were on a roll. Spending hundreds of dollars! The first night we stayed at the hotel right next to birch run. We shopped until 4 and then went and swam, then Anna got there and we went back shopping. Anna and Danielle both got suits for $50! We had a coupon for almost every store. I got a pair of work pants and a nice sweater for $35. I was very excited. Then I got a pair of black/pink Nike's. Also excited. We ate at Uno's twice that day, it was ok because they have a big menu. Our waiter at night overcharged us $10 but he caught it. So overall I think Danielle and my mom shopped for like 11 hours that day. Crazy! Saturday morning we woke up and went back to B.R. for a few things. We ate turkey sandwiches for lunch and then went to check in to Splash Village. It was a really nice room. They had a fireplace, 2 tvs, couch, fridge, microwave.. We walked to Bronners for like an hour and decided that we wanted to go eat the chicken dinner. We went to Bavarian at 4. I'm glad we went early because we avoided the long line. Even if we were with all the bagels.. The waiter was so slowwww. Anna and Danielle got the beer samplers and I got a Mojito, it was good. Then we stuffed ourselves on chicken and walked around the scary gift shop with a bunch of junk. When they have a section filled with stuff for the 'Red hat club' that is when you know you are done.

We went back to the hotel and ventured in to the water park. They had 2 cool slides that we went on. They had a double tube so we went on those a few times too. I got hit with this gigantic bucket of water. I'm talking the size of a car, which it is at the ceiling and it fills slowly then a bell starts ringing before it dumps. Well I didn't know what was going on, all of a sudden splash, totally drenched.
Then we went to the other pool and in the sauna.

Then we had drinks. They drank wine and I drank Captain's. We were watching tv and I fell asleep at like 11. We went in to town on Sunday for a little bit. Then I had to drive home and work. My feet and legs did NOT get rested on this trip since we were walking around all day! And now I have to work 5 days in a row at Panera. Fun. I did not want to get up today. My bed felt so comfortable. So that was the weekend. It was really nice and my mom is great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home