The Days of My Life

I only write when I feel like, sorry for all who check all the time.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Heat Wave

It is so hot outside yet freezing in here. I have a sweater on when it is 95 degrees outside. You can see the haze when you look out over Detroit. I am so glad that we have air (sorry Jessica- you can come sleep over!) It's suppose to be back in the 80's by Thursday. After Julie's yummy brunch we came home and I mowed the lawn while Jackie cut down weeds. I almost passed out, pushing the lawn mower. It was so hot, sweat was dripping down my face and I was so out of breath. I went in for a drink and to cool down a little, then I weed wacked so that we don't get fined. I'm glad that is done for the week. Then I had to go to work. It was hot and we were getting inspected today so of course we have to 'clean' everything. It is unfair that the people that work the night before that get screwed. They should hire someone to come in and clean if they are going to be that anal. I can understand things being labeled and dated that is fine but when you have to start taking a toothpick to the doors of the coolers to get all the dirt off then I draw the line. We were there 2 hours after we closed. I am getting a cold too. My head is all cloudy.

Friday I missed the Necto because I worked and then it would have taken too long to go all the way there. I drank by myself while watching Psych but then I was by myself. I fell asleep at like 1-ish. Then woke up to take myself to bed. Saturday I was so unmotivated. I did make myself go upstairs and start to pick up all the clothes that I don't wear anymore, even though it was 100 degrees up there. It was a start at least. Then Stace came over and we went to Red Robin and to see The Devil Wears Prada. I was amused by that movie. Then Stace went home, she married and all. We went to Fishbones to meet Beckie, Ryan, Jessica, Mike and Beckie's cousin. Stayed there a while and then went to our house and played Trivial Pursuit DVD pop culture. Me and Ryan lost but it was fun. We ate mini quiches too. Fell asleep around 3.
Today my Grandma is here for an eye appt. but I don't know if I will see her, only if I go to lunch with them. Then I am working tonight. I am tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home