The Days of My Life

I only write when I feel like, sorry for all who check all the time.

Monday, October 17, 2005

Loss of a good bagel

Well work is on my mind, it is a lot these days with the 'professional' job sucking and the other one just busy. One of my good work friends quit/got fired at Panera. He was also a good worker, one of the strongest line people, like a little brother to me, kind of guy. I don't know why I am upset about it but it bothers me. We had formed a 'group' of the best people on the line to work with and there was only 3 people in it that regularly closed, me, him and another girl. Now closing will suck. When we were working I just knew it was going to be an ok night even if it was busy. He was 10 years younger than me, so I felt like a big sister. He was kind of getting the run around, he could have made that his career which would have been good for him. He did not finish high school which did not affect his intelligence, just his motivation I guess. I was always telling him to go back to school, I don't know if he ever will. They told him that he was going to be a supervisor but didn't follow through, so then he said he was going to quit and they were like no no so he stayed but then he just didn't show up for 2 days in a row which kind of screwed me over so I am now annoyed with him. And he got fired. I wonder if I will ever talk to him again. If not I hope that he succeeds in life. I told him that I was going to call him when I was 60 and make sure he had done all the things I had told him to do :)
Cheers to him.

My actual birthday wasn't like fireworks and floats. I worked at home, which caused much controversy at my full-time place of employement because apparently it is not up to the team leaders to grant any sort of permission for anything so I was blamed for that and was told that I knew that I should not have asked. I feel like I'm in middle school asking for a pass for the bathroom. It makes no matter if you do your job and do it well, the concern is that guidelines weren't followed. OK! I did get to go out to eat with my mom, dad and younger brother at Bahama Breeze, it was yummy. Then I went and saw 40 yr. old Virgin which was good also. This past weekend sucked. Too much working, not any fun. Although the Long Islands at Ruby Tuesdays with Jackie were really good on saturday night. Besides that I could have passed on that.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Lose Weight said…

    Get Out Monday: Sean Hannity
    The nationally syndicated media host is joined by special guest Oliver North at 7:30 p.m. at the Family Arena, 2002 Arena Parkway, St.
    work from home

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger The Judge said…

    As long as you got Long Islands....

    Beckie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home